September 16 2018, 11.12 am


Being a "different" kind of kid, sometimes it burdens me.
We carry a lot of of everyone's expectations, hoping that one day we'll become "something".
A prodigy.


I've heard some people say to my parents:
"Kenapa tak masukkan kat sekolah asrama?"

All I wanna have is a "normal" life
Sekolah yang dekat dengan rumah.
I can still study. And I can eat dinner with my family members.
My family is my world. I just want to spend more time with them.
I don't mind having no friends at all.
And that's exactly how I'm socializing.

Ada banyak benda yang saya boleh kaitkan dengan kisah Mary Eileen Adler ni.
Cerita ni memang best. It's a drama, but there's a message.
Sometimes what we think the best for a little child is not necessarily good in their eyes.

Guru tuisyen saya pernah bincangkan perihal adik Adiputra sekitar tahun 2005 dulu.
Yes, he's a genius.
Tapi cikgu saya pesan,
"Look at his eyes. Lebam. He shouldn't be treated like that (by giving lots of math questions and I don't know how many hours he get sleeps). He should be playing with his school friends.He's just a child."

Tengok pelajar-pelajar genius yang kita pernah agungkan dulu. Where are they now?
Ada yang terlibat dengan dunia gelap, dadah, dan macam-mcam kes lagi.
Diorang bagus kat satu-satu bidang, tapi belum tentu berjaya sebagai manusia.
Mungkin, kalau diberi peluang untuk putar kembali masa, kita patut tanya apa yang mereka mahu.
As parents, we should guide them.
Maybe they just want to be "normal".

~nc~

1 comments:

I agree so much with you. People love to generalize kids. yg pandai, should be jadi dr, engineer, or anything related. entah kita tak tahu sebenarnya mereka suka seni. Some kids pula jenis slow belajar, mula la parents kata, takde masa depan, kerje kilang je la kau. huhu...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...